Planning a wedding in the City of Angels can be exciting, but it can also be a whirlwind of decisions, from the dress to the venue to the menu. But one of the biggest decisions you’ll have to make is figuring out how many people to invite. Should you keep it small and intimate or invite everyone and their grandma? We’ve got the answers to your burning questions on wedding guest lists, so let’s dive in and find out how to plan the perfect Los Angeles wedding that suits your style with a fun and entertaining twist!
What Percentage of Wedding Guests Attend?
Ah, the million-dollar question! While it’s natural to worry about the attendance rate at your Los Angeles wedding, there’s good news. On average, about 85% of local and 55% of out-of-town guests will attend your big day. Remember that these numbers can vary depending on factors like the time of year, location, and how far in advance you send out those invitations. But hey, now you can rest easy knowing that Aunt Marge will likely make it to your Los Angeles wedding, even if she does live across the country.
How Many Guests Is a Small Wedding?
A small Los Angeles wedding is like a cozy sweater – warm, comfortable, and fit. Typically, small weddings have anywhere from 20 to 50 guests. This intimate gathering allows you to spend quality time with your closest friends and family, making it an unforgettable experience. Plus, you’ll save money on catering, which means more cash for that honeymoon you’ve dreamed of!
How Many Guests Is a Large Wedding?
Go big or go home, right? Large Los Angeles weddings usually have 150 or more guests, turning your wedding into the season’s social event. With a guest list this size, you can invite everyone from your college roommates to your co-workers, ensuring that no one feels left out. Just be prepared to do a lot of handshaking and hugging, as you’ll have plenty of people to greet and thank for attending!
Who Should I Invite to My Los Angeles Wedding?
It’s time to break out the pen and paper – or, more realistically, the spreadsheet – and work on that guest list! Here’s a quick guide to help you decide who should cut:
- Family: Parents, siblings, and close relatives are given. But when it comes to extended family, consider how close you are to them and if they’ve played a significant role in your life.
- Friends: Invite your besties and close friends who have supported you and your partner throughout your relationship.
- Co-workers: You spend much time with your colleagues, but be mindful of office politics. You might need to invite the whole team if you invite one or two.
- Plus-ones: Decide whether or not you’ll allow guests to bring a date. If you’re trying to keep things small, consider allowing plus-ones only for guests in serious relationships.
- VIPs: Think about any mentors or role models who have played an essential role in your life, and consider giving them an invite as well.
There you have it – your fun and comprehensive guide to figuring out your Los Angeles wedding guest list! Remember that your big day is about celebrating love with the people who matter most to you. So whether you decide to keep it small and intimate or go all out with a massive guest list, you will surely create memories that will last a lifetime. Happy planning!